combining edits

Hello,

I am making a video for grade level teachers introduction. I have individual edits for 8 groups. Is it better to combine these edits and export or export the videos and then layer them together?

2 Likes

I would combine the edits. Exporting the videos and then layer together seems to be more work.

2 Likes

So I tried both ways…but easier to move stuff if i export first and then layer together… lesser chances of messing up rest
but yes, the transitions are difficult to handle when layering them now. will see what is easier to handle :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I want to make a “highlight reel” which will combine parts of a few videos made in WeVideo. What is the best way to do this? I can try what Dhiraja suggests but don’t have time (end of year) to test it out. Any ideas?

1 Like

Hi Emily,
if you combine edits without audio,… they work perfect. no loss of video.

if you drag together video exports and add transitions, i found the videos getting bit shorter bcz of transitions. Mine were 5 sec clips but around 10 of them so made huge difference to me, so I didnt go this way.
Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks…there is audio in it though. I guess I’ll try to import each and see how it goes.

1 Like

@dhiraja Thanks for posting here. It would be good for you to include your real name and update your profile picture. We’d love to know you better!

@emily.shiller I found this support article that might help: https://wevideo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000051914-Merging-or-Combining-Edits